To think of her in the silence,
head in hand,
eyes fixed on nothing,
the light changes,
ordinary door frames glint with star spasms,
like looking at Christmas tree lights in a dark room.
The water burns,
submerged in salt,
a thrill sting,
a tickle in my nose
gratitude smacking with desperation of longing.
The miles are so far,
the phone so static,
so plastic.
Not at all like her smile.
Unless she's being sarcastic,
pure plastic and I find more joy there,
camaraderie in a world of strangers.
The lack of sounds invite laughter,
previous moments where I cross my legs hard,
beg her to stop,
a jug of gatorade for a dry spell -
dehydration always a result of good times,
whether party or puke fest,
take your pic,
we do.
She is my respite,
sun on a cloudy day,
reason of nonsense,
horse always fighting my cart.
In a moment like that one,
this one just now passed,
I see her face in the door frame.
She sparkles as always,
sipping red gatorade between
upturned cornered lips,
her brown bangs frame the perfect picture of my home.
Popular Posts
-
Hi, So without going into too much detail, simply because it is not my detail to go into, something has happened to someone I love that I...
-
Good Sunday morning blog readers! I hope everyone has had a blessed weekend thus far. For me, well...yes blessed for sure I am here to writ...
-
It is ingrained in us, the image of a perfect life. It consists of a house behind a white picket fence, some beds of tulips by the door. ...
-
Hey hey hey, So I just pulled myself out of bed - I could have stayed there all damn day - I am tapped. This is where I feel my age - exha...
-
So today, as I was driving home from work, I was thinking quite intensely about feet. Weird right??? Although that seems particularly random...
-
Hi, So as I was just driving home from school, windows down, DMB blaring, left foot up on the dash, I thought - I could go on like this for...
-
Well, it's official, my internal alarm clock does not understand Sunday is my only freaking day off.... I have been up for a long while...
-
Maybe the picture of somebody you were hoping I might be. Jackson Browne could be heard on Saturday afternoons, I would leave him mid- sente...
-
Good late afternoon, Yet again, I should be studying and instead find myself screwing off, doing anything and everything other than hitting...
-
Good Morning blog land - I know right? I have been so MIA.... I have a myriad excuses, but I won't bore you with those - I barely care ...
No comments:
Post a Comment